Share this Post
Earlier on this blog, I posted an effective template for brand positioning. Since that post went up, I’ve received a few requests for examples of a completed template using a notable brand’s positioning.
So, in the coming weeks and months, I’ll upload great brand positioning statement examples to help illustrate how to use the template. They also serve as case studies to potentially spark ideas for your own brand. First up is Aveeno.
Great Brand Positioning Statement Examples: Aveeno
Aveeno has grown significantly since its acquisition by Johnson and Johnson, and has helped undo the conventional category thinking that natural products can’t be effective. In fact, the brand point of view goes further to assert that natural beauty is better than conventional products.
Here are four reasons why Aveeno’s positioning is a winner.
- Single-minded and simple: The brand does not try to be all things to all people. There’s a single functional benefit, emotional benefit, and reason to believe.
- Clear benefit ladder: Aveeno connects functional benefit and emotional benefit together in a relevant way. It’s clear that the ultimate emotional payoff is feeling beautiful, and naturally healthy skin is the way to get there.
- Unique point of difference: The brand has summed up the scientific support and unique ingredients into an ownable trademark (Active Naturals®). It’s a clear point of difference in all of their advertising and on packaging.
- Consistent execution: Aveeno executes the message very consistently and usually does not stray from the core positioning. This makes the strategy very effective in practice.
Hopefully that gives you a good sense of how to effectively use the template. More brand positioning statement examples are coming soon.
You might also like:
- An Effective Format for Writing a Brand Positioning Statement
- 5 Evaluation Criteria to Strengthen Your Positioning Statement
- Easy Marketing Plan Template: Less Than 15 Slides and You’re Done
If you found this article helpful, use the buttons at the top of the page to share this post. You can also subscribe to receive blog and article updates.
Kevin Namaky is a consumer brand leader, trainer and speaker. He trains brand teams to enhance their marketing skills, lead and grow their business, and accelerate their careers. As a consumer brand leader and strategic consultant, he created billions in new value for Fortune 500 clients. Connect with Kevin on LinkedIn.