HOW TO WRITE A BUSINESS LANDSCAPE ANALYSIS AND CREATE A STORY
Great marketing strategies, growth strategies, and innovation projects start with a thorough landscape assessment. But most people start off with incomplete information and without clear frameworks to create great business stories. In this hands-on master class, you’ll learn to write a clear and compelling landscape analysis for your brand and how to create an effective story.
Get empowered to deliver robust thinking in your landscape assessments.
Who it’s for
This course applies to:
- ABMs, brand and marketing managers, and directors who own/write/update business analysis for a brand or business unit
- Strategic team members involved in the creation of business and marketing plans
- Agency partners and consultants who create competitive and landscape analysis presentations for clients
- Small business owners who work with freelancers or agencies on competitive brand analysis
How you will benefit
- Learn what’s in a complete business landscape assessment
- Get techniques for how to find and utilize the info you need
- Best-practice models to evaluate and distinguish between important and irrelevant data
- Gain confidence in forming a strategic story based on the analysis
- Case studies, templates and best-practice frameworks to immediately implement
What you get
- 8 lessons that take you through the process of defining, researching, evaluating, and writing business landscapes
- Step-by-step guides, templates and worksheets to make it all simple and easy
- Case study examples on how to create a story
- Access to the course community Q&A forum
- Lifetime desktop and mobile access for the life of the course
Our Courses Power The Best Brands — Meet our Clients
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kevin Namaky is a trained educator with 20 years of experience as a consumer brand executive. Kevin has helped brands realize over $1B in new revenue and has trained more than 1,000 brand managers.
Kevin is also a featured instructor for the American Marketing Association, lectures at the IU-Kelley School of Business, and has been featured in Ad Age, Forbes, Fast Company, Business Insider, and the CMO Council.
What Others Say
10 out of 10!– Marketing Director, Bolthouse Farms
100% recommended! Kevin is a great teacher.– Director of Integrated Marketing, Sephora
This training was amazing! I learned a lot and feel really empowered.– Assistant Brand Manager, CPG Personal Care
Kevin’s ability to translate complexity into simple, easy-to-understand strategy was a huge asset to our team.– Vice President/General Manager, Scotts Miracle-Gro
– Assistant Marketing Manager, Formica
I thoroughly enjoyed this training. Great outlines and ideas that we will take back to work and incorporate into our business. Kevin nailed it. Great class!
Using the frameworks from the training, our team’s presentations to upper management have been more structured and positive. The senior staff has given our team very positive feedback.– Senior Marketing Director, Ubisoft
Lesson 1: Learning Objectives
Lesson 3: Landscape Model: 6 Cs Analysis
Lesson 4: Find the info you need
Lesson 5: Competitive Activity
Lesson 6: What to do with the info
Lesson 7: Takeaway Activity
Lesson 8: How to create a story
Lesson 9: What’s Next
GET THIS COURSE FREE WHEN YOU JOIN THE BRAND MANAGEMENT ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
Frequently Asked Questions
GET IN TOUCH
STAY UP TO DATE
Sign up for updates on the latest brand management courses, tips and frameworks from Kevin and the Gurulocity Brand Management Institute, including our Brand Career Booster newsletter with weekly tips for advancing your career.