HOW TO WRITE A STRATEGIC PLAN
Without a clear long-term strategy, resources can be wasted on the wrong tasks and activities, and limited budgets may not be invested in the right projects. So, how does a marketing leader sort through the issues to develop a clear plan that everyone can agree on?
In this course, you will master the skills needed to write a long-term strategic plan that outlines long-term objectives, lays out clear strategic choices, and guides your organization’s marketing and operations projects to deliver on your vision.
Get motivated to lead and produce great strategic work.
Who it’s for
This course applies to:
- Brand/marketing managers, marketing directors, or VPs/GMs that lead strategic planning and are responsible for long-term brand growth
- CxOs (e.g., CEO, CMO, COO, CFO) who collaborate on strategic plans
- Agency partners and account managers who want to learn the frameworks to plan and grow their agencies
How you will benefit
- Learn the basics of the strategic planning cycle, the four major ways that brands grow, and the number one thing that a strategic plan must do
- Get a strategic plan outline that you can use to create your strategy deck
- Create a long-term strategic vision statement that sets future direction
- Uncover the key business issues that your strategic plan must address
- Learn a quick and easy-to-use method to help you choose and prioritize between potential strategic initiatives
- Develop a financial roadmap to set clear expectations
- Case studies, templates and best-practice frameworks to immediately implement
What you get
- 12 comprehensive lessons that help you master the skills needed to create a successful long-term strategic plan
- Step-by-step frameworks, templates and worksheets to make it easy
- Case study examples for immediate illustration and practice
- Access to the course community Q&A forum
- Lifetime desktop and mobile access for the life of the course
Our Courses Power The Best Brands — Meet our Clients
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kevin Namaky is a trained educator with 20 years of experience as a consumer brand executive. Kevin has helped brands realize over $1B in new revenue and has trained more than 1,000 brand managers.
Kevin is also a featured instructor for the American Marketing Association, lectures at the IU-Kelley School of Business, and has been featured in Ad Age, Forbes, Fast Company, Business Insider, and the CMO Council.
What Others Say
10 out of 10!– Marketing Director, Bolthouse Farms
100% recommended! Kevin is a great teacher.– Director of Integrated Marketing, Sephora
This training was amazing! I learned a lot and feel really empowered.– Assistant Brand Manager, CPG Personal Care
Kevin’s ability to translate complexity into simple, easy-to-understand strategy was a huge asset to our team.– Vice President/General Manager, Scotts Miracle-Gro
– Assistant Marketing Manager, Formica
I thoroughly enjoyed this training. Great outlines and ideas that we will take back to work and incorporate into our business. Kevin nailed it. Great class!
Using the frameworks from the training, our team’s presentations to upper management have been more structured and positive. The senior staff has given our team very positive feedback.– Senior Marketing Director, Ubisoft
Module 1: Overview
- Lesson 1 - Introduction & Learning Objectives
Module 2: Foundations
- Lesson 2 - What is a Strategic Plan?
- Lesson 3 - Strategic Plan Format & Outline
- Lesson 4 - The Homework You Should Do
- Lesson 5 - Common Strategic Models
Module 3: Breaking Down The Plan
- Lesson 6 - Business Update
- Lesson 7 - Future Vision & Objectives
- Lesson 8 - Key Issues
- Lesson 9 - Strategies
- Lesson 10 - Initiatives & Actions
- Lesson 11 - Financial Progress Roadmap
Module 4: Conclusion
- Lesson 12 - Wrap-up and Bonus
GET THIS COURSE FREE WHEN YOU JOIN THE BRAND MANAGEMENT ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
Frequently Asked Questions
GET IN TOUCH
STAY UP TO DATE
Sign up for updates on the latest brand management courses, tips and frameworks from Kevin and the Gurulocity Brand Management Institute, including our Brand Career Booster newsletter with weekly tips for advancing your career.