Learn to Write a Creative Brief, Evaluate Creative and Give Feedback
In this hands-on workshop you will master the skills needed to write creative briefs based on sound strategy, properly collaborate and inspire business and creative teams, identify great advertising when you see it, and give/receive specific, constructive feedback that results in the creative you really want.
This workshop applies to teams involved in the creation of advertising communications across mediums such as TV, print, radio, online video, banner, email and website.
THIS WORKSHOP IS BEING RESCHEDULED.
You can join our mailing list for updates on future workshops.
Who It's For
- ABMs, Brand and Marketing Managers who brief creative/agency teams
- Agency partners, Account Managers, Planners and Creatives who collaborate on briefs or translate client briefs into internal agency creative briefs
How You Will Benefit
- More efficient strategic and creative process with less creative rework
- Clearer strategy from the start that sets up teams and campaigns for success
- Happier client/agency teams that both get what they want
- Elimination of dueling agency and client briefs
- Case studies and best-practice frameworks to immediately implement in your business
What's In It—Workshop Agenda
- What is a creative brief?
- The importance of the brief
- The problem with briefs
- Process breakdown
- Defining the brief
- Best practices in brief writing
- A better way—the ideal process
- Examples of good and bad briefs
- Ideal brief format and key components explained
- Clear communication strategy—the core foundation
- Inspiration—what creatives want
- Breaking down a good brief
- Creative examples and reverse engineering
- Case study and writing practice
- Evaluating creative
- Framework for presenting creative ideas
- Examples of great creative ideas
- Case study—build your own creative
- Success framework and examples: what makes an ad/idea any good?
- Providing useful feedback
- How to provide feedback that is positively received
- How to provide feedback that is actually useful for creatives
- How to receive feedback and deliver work that is on strategy
- Case study—practice giving and receiving useful feedback
Extras from Gurulocity include both real and fictional case studies that bring concepts to life, real-time group creation and practice with instructor feedback, and best-practice templates and worksheets for brief writing, idea presentation, and creative success/feedback criteria.
Full-day Workshop Schedule
Date: This workshop is being rescheduled
Location (Cincinnati): TBD
9am-12pm Workshop Session Part 1
1-4:30pm Workshop Session Part 2
4:30pm Workshop Ends
$797 per person covers all food/drink/snacks, facility, instructor fee and workshop materials.
Workshop seats are limited. Registration officially closes on January 23, 2023 or when seats run out.
Meet Your Instructor
Kevin Namaky is the Chief Executive Offer of the Gurulocity Brand Management Institute. During his 20 years as a Brand & Innovation Director and as SVP Head of Strategy at a global brand strategy and innovation consulting firm, he created billions in new value for companies through winning strategic plans, new product innovation, and compelling marketing campaigns. A trained educator, he's taught in classrooms, workshops, conferences and boardrooms.
Kevin created winning brand strategies, innovation, and training sessions for companies such as Scotts Miracle-Gro, Procter & Gamble, Kraft, Bolthouse Farms, Kimberly-Clark, Formica, Gorilla Brands, Ancestry.com, Ubisoft and Nestlé Health Science. Kevin is a featured instructor for the American Marketing Association, lectures at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business, and has written for Ad Age, Forbes, Fast Company and the CMO Council.
What Others Say
Kevin's ability to translate complexity into simple, easy-to-understand strategy was a huge asset to our team.VP/General Manager, Scotts Miracle-Gro
Kevin is a collaborator and true business partner. I am incredibly thankful for how Kevin helped the Poise and Depend brand teams. Highly recommended.Marketing Director, Kimberly-Clark
By adopting Kevin’s creative development process, I believe it can lead to stronger, more strategic work from the get-go. There were tons of great points and valuable content. Great training!Assistant Brand Manager, Procter & Gamble
I thoroughly enjoyed this training. Kevin provided great outlines and ideas that I will take back to work and incorporate into our business. He nailed it. Great class!Assistant Marketing Manager, Formica
Using the frameworks from the training, our teams' presentations have greatly improved, with senior staff giving very positive feedback.Senior Marketing Director, Ubisoft
This was a great day. 10 out of 10!Marketing Director, Bolthouse Farms
How to Enroll
This workshop is being rescheduled. You can sign up below for updates.
Cancellation & Video Policies
If you wish to cancel your reservation, you must submit your request in writing. Cancellation charges and refunds depend upon when you submit your request.
Cancellation requests submitted 29 calendar days or more before the workshop date will receive a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee. Requests received between 15 and 28 calendar days before the event will receive a 50% refund minus a $50 administrative fee. Cancellation requests received 14 days or less in advance (and no-shows) are non-refundable.
If you can no longer attend but wish to transfer your seat to a colleague, contact us in writing before the workshop date and we will accommodate you.
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances. If cancelled, all fees paid will be reimbursed in full.
Note that this workshop may be photographed, audio- and/or video-recorded, and by purchasing a ticket you grant and authorize Gurulocity, LLC to record, edit and make any use of such audio or video of you for any lawful purpose. Such photography, video or audio shall be the property of Gurulocity, LLC. You waive right to any inspection of such photography, video or audio, and waive any right to compensation related to the use of such photography, video or audio.