Learn to Write a Creative Brief, Evaluate Creative and Give Feedback
In this hands-on workshop your team will master the skills needed to write creative briefs based on sound strategy, properly collaborate and inspire business and creative teams, identify great advertising, and give/receive specific, constructive feedback that results in the creative you really want.
This workshop applies to teams involved in the creation of advertising communications across mediums such as TV, print, radio, online video, banner, email and website.
Who It’s For
- ABMs, Brand and Marketing Managers who brief creative/agency teams
- Agency partners, Account Managers, Planners and Creatives who collaborate on briefs or translate client briefs into internal agency creative briefs
How You Will Benefit
- More efficient strategic and creative process with less creative rework
- Clearer strategy from the start that sets up teams and campaigns for success
- Happier client/agency teams that both get what they want
- Elimination of dueling agency and client briefs
- Case studies and best-practice frameworks to immediately implement in your business
What’s In It—Workshop Agenda
- What is a creative brief?
- The importance of the brief
- The problem with briefs
- Process breakdown
- Defining the brief
- Best practices in brief writing
- A better way—the ideal process
- Examples of good and bad briefs
- Ideal brief format and key components explained
- Clear communication strategy—the core foundation
- Inspiration—what creatives want
- Breaking down a good brief
- Creative examples and reverse engineering
- Case study and writing practice
- Evaluating creative
- Framework for presenting creative ideas
- Examples of great creative ideas
- Case study—build your own creative
- Success framework and examples: what makes an ad/idea any good?
- Providing useful feedback
- How to provide feedback that is positively received
- How to provide feedback that is actually useful for creatives
- How to receive feedback and deliver work that is on strategy
- Case study—practice giving and receiving useful feedback
Extras from Gurulocity include both real and fictional case studies that bring concepts to life, real-time group creation and practice with instructor feedback, and best-practice templates and worksheets for brief writing, idea presentation, and creative success/feedback criteria.
Example Full-day Workshop Schedule
9am-12pm Workshop Session Part 1
1-4pm Workshop Session Part 2
4pm Workshop Ends
Onsite Workshop Tuition
A full-day workshop may cost anywhere from $6,000 to $20,000 depending on the level of customization and number of attendees. Custom quotes are provided upon request.
Tuition includes content customization based on your category/industry, instructor fees and workshop handouts/materials. Instructor travel is billed separately at cost. Food/drink during the workshop is the responsibility of the client.
We are currently scheduling onsite workshops for the second half of 2020. Please speak with a company representative as soon as possible to ensure availability of your preferred workshop date.
Your Instructor, Founder and Chief Brand Officer
Kevin Namaky is the Founder of Gurulocity, a marketing education company. During his 15+ years as a CPG Brand Director and as SVP Head of Strategy at a global brand strategy and innovation consulting firm, he created billions in new value for companies through winning strategic plans, new product innovation, and compelling marketing campaigns. A trained educator, he’s taught in classrooms, workshops, conferences and boardrooms.
Kevin has created winning brand strategies, innovation, and training sessions for numerous large- and mid-size companies including Scotts Miracle-Gro, Kraft Heinz, Welch’s, P&G, Gorilla Glue, Wells, Nestle Purina, Kimberly-Clark, Ubisoft, Formica, Walgreens, ADT, and Levi Strauss.
What Others Say
Kevin’s ability to translate complexity into simple, easy-to-understand strategy was a huge asset to our team.VP/General Manager, Scotts Miracle-Gro
Kevin is a collaborator and true business partner. I am incredibly thankful for how Kevin helped the Poise and Depend brand teams. Highly recommended.Marketing Director, Kimberly-Clark
By adopting Kevin’s creative development process, I believe it can lead to stronger, more strategic work from the get-go. There were tons of great points and valuable content. Great training!Assistant Brand Manager, Procter & Gamble
I thoroughly enjoyed this training. Kevin provided great outlines and ideas that I will take back to work and incorporate into our business. He nailed it. Great class!Assistant Marketing Manager, Formica
SCHEDULE A WORKSHOP FOR YOUR TEAM
Email (email@example.com) or call (+1.513.659.2243) to start the discussion. Or simply fill out the form below.