Terms and Conditions of Use
This Site is owned and operated by Gurulocity, LLC, (“us” or “Gurulocity”), we would like to thank you for visiting the Site.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS SITE IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13.
This Site and the information, subscriptions, and content, is intended for use within the United States. Gurulocity makes no representation that the Site including its information, services, subscriptions or its content, are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from locations other than the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent applicable.
II. TERMS OF SALE
Each purchase of Gurulocity products or services, including digital products and services, subscriptions, data, or information through the Site (“Products”) is expressly made conditional on your assent to this Agreement. Purchasers must be over the age of 18. Gurulocity agrees to furnish the Products only upon the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including without limitation the following:
- Delivery. All digital Products will be delivered to you immediately (unless stated otherwise). Technical glitches in Product delivery are possible. If you don’t automatically receive access to the Product, send us an email at email@example.com so we can send the access details to you manually.
- All coaching calls are done via Zoom, Skype, Facetime or other similar videoconference platforms. You also may have the option to have coaching calls via the telephone. If you prefer to use another method for coaching calls, please reach out to us for other arrangements.
- Coaching calls are conducted between 7:00am and 6:00pm US Eastern Standard time, Monday through Friday. Days may be subject to change due to holidays, vacations, or emergencies. Coaching calls are typically scheduled as needed or at appropriate course/coaching checkpoints. We use calendar software that allows you to choose your meeting times, however, we cannot guarantee timeliness of available meeting times and typically require 48 hours to prepare for coaching calls.
- If you purchase a coaching package, you will obtain credits or a code that allows you to redeem a certain number of coaching calls. These calls are scheduled at your convenience, however, most appointments purchased as part of a package also come with an expiration date, between six to eighteen months from purchase. Applicable expiration dates are listed in the purchase details for each package. There are no refunds, in the event a package expires prior to your use of all coaching calls.
- License. For Free Products, Gurulocity hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to temporarily download one copy of free Products (information or software) on our Site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. For all other Products, Gurulocity hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to you for all Products purchased, and to download one copy of the Products on the Site for personal, non-commercial viewing only. These licenses may be terminated at any time at the discretion of Gurulocity.
- Under no circumstances shall the limited licenses contained in this section be construed to transfer any intellectual property rights in the Products or the Site. Under these licenses you may not:
- Modify or copy the Products,
- Use the Products for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial),
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained in the Site,
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary information from the Products, or
- Transfer the Products to another person or ‘mirror’ the Products on any other server.
- These licenses shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions. Upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded Products in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Guarantees. The information presented on this Site is intended to be for educational purposes only, and does not come with any guarantee. Gurulocity is not presenting you with a business opportunity, distributorship, opportunity to ‘get rich,’ and is not making any claims, representations or promises as to the income you may earn, or results you may achieve.
- Within the Products any income figures mentioned are anecdotal information passed on to us from clients concerning the results they personally achieved. We have not performed any independent verification of the statements made by those clients and do not represent the accuracy of the information they disclosed.
- There is no guarantee that you will earn any money, or achieve any result using any of the ideas presented in our Products. Examples in our Products are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings. Many factors will be important in determining your actual results and no guarantees are made that you will achieve results similar to ours or any other client’s information presented. You agree that your use of the Products or Site does not guarantee that you will see similar or any results, and fully indemnify, and release Gurulocity from any responsibility regarding any loss experienced after using the Products or for your actions in any endeavor you may undertake in reliance of using the Products.
- Product Satisfaction Guarantee. No Product satisfaction guarantees are provided unless otherwise set forth as part of your specific Product purchase details.
- 60 day money back guarantee. Certain online-based courses may come with a 60 day money back guarantee that you will be satisfied with the course outcome (i.e., a satisfactory marketing strategy document). In order to claim this guarantee you will be required to complete the course content, all related assignments and all live coaching sessions. Upon completion of the requirements and documented proof presented to us upon doing so, you are still unsatisfied with the course outcome, you can request a refund within 60 days of purchase. This guarantee is not applicable to your business results or revenue, and only applies to specific courses as set forth in your purchase documents. Please see your purchase for details.
- Coaching packages, workshops and membership programs do not come with any satisfaction guarantees.
- Cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse services to anyone for any reason, except as prohibited by law. If we exercise this right, you may be entitled to a refund of part or all of your payment dependent on the circumstance.
- You may not cancel any Products where content is delivered immediately, such as online courses or membership programs. You may cancel coaching packages at your discretion. In this event we may, at our option, but are not obligated to, provide a pro-rated refund for any unused portion of the coaching call package. Used portions of the coaching call packages are non-refundable. We reserve the right to cancel a coaching call package at any time for any reason.
- Payment plans for Products will survive any cancelation of the Product by you.
- Payment Terms. Payment for any Products or services is required immediately upon purchase. Installment plans are not available unless indicated during checkout.
- For certain services such as training events and workshop services, we require fifty percent non-refundable payment upon purchase, with the remaining fifty percent due upon completion of the workshop. This requirement is necessary to hold calendar dates and due to the significant amount of upfront work and time required to create a workshop event before it is actually conducted. Dependent on the workshop agreement, any travel expenses required for us to attend and deliver a workshop event will be at your cost. Workshop costs will be invoiced to you and we reserve the right to charge a late fee in the event payment is not received within the timeframe specified on the invoice.
- Support. Dependent on the services or Products purchased, you will receive email support. All email support related questions will be responded to as soon as possible, typically within two business days. The amount of email support available to you is dependent on your Product agreement.
- Gurulocity is not a marketing or advertising agency. We specialize in business and marketing education and consulting. We teach and advise you to create and implement marketing strategies in your business. We do not purchase or implement any advertising or marketing tactics on your behalf.
- We are not technical specialists and do not promise to do any implementation or technical support for you. While we may advise you regarding steps and actions, technical execution and implementation is solely your responsibility. We are not liable for any failures you may have with implementation. The tactics you choose and the tools/method you use to implement them are your responsibility.
III. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, GURULOCITY AND ITS MEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
GURULOCITY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU SUFFER FROM USE OF THE SITE OR PRODUCT. THE CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” GURULOCITY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES AS TO, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, THE AVAILABILITY, USEFULNESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE ITS CONTENT, MATERIALS OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
GURULOCITY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT: (a) ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (b) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MATERIALS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEEMENT; or (c) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM USING, ACCESSING, OR OBTAINING ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS FROM THE SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
IV. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL GURULOCITY, ITS MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES MATERIALS, OR CONTENT INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), EVEN IF GURULOCITY HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF, OR REASONABLY COULD HAVE FORESEEN, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER IN BREACH OF CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO: (a) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE SITE; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (c) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR INFORMATION YOU MAY DOWNLOAD, USE, MODIFY, RELY ON, OR DISTRIBUTE; OR (d) THE LOSS OF ANY DATA, INFORMATION, OR CONTENT SUBMITTED OR POSTED TO THE SITE.
IN NO EVENT WILL GURULOCITY’S LIABILITY OR THE LIABILITY OF GURULOCITY’S LICENSORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS AND CONTRACTORS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS THAT GIVE RISE TO THE CLAIM.
THE AGREEMENT DEFINES YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY BE MODIFIED TO COMPLY WITH SUCH JURISDICTION.
V. FORCE MAJEURE
Gurulocity shall not be liable for any actions or failure to act due to causes beyond its reasonable control, or due to acts of God, acts of users, acts of civil or military authority, priorities, fires, strikes, floods, epidemics, pandemics, quarantine restrictions, war, riots, delays in transportation, car shortages, and inability due to causes beyond its reasonable control to obtain necessary labor, materials, or processing facilities.
If the Site or our Products recommend a third party service or product, it is because we have found it to be useful for our clients. Sometimes these third party services or products provide us with affiliate links so that we receive a small commission or fee if you purchase from them.
In the event you do not want to use the affiliated link or for us to receive a commission based on your purchase, we recommend that you research the options available for that service or product and purchase directly from the website of the third-party service provider you choose.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Gurulocity, its parents, predecessors, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, attorneys, trustees, trusts, trust beneficiaries, directors, managers, partners, joint venturers, members, stockholders, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from each and any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of: your use of the Site or the Products; your misuse or unsanctioned or unauthorized use of any Products; your negligence or willful misconduct; your violation of this Agreement; or your (or other user of the Site using your computer or account) infringement of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
Your right to use the Site automatically terminates if you violate this Agreement or any rules or guidelines posted in connection with the Site. Gurulocity also reserves the right, in Gurulocity’s sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of any of the Site, for any reason, with or without notice.
X. GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement is governed by and will be construed in accordance with Ohio law, excluding any principles of conflicts of law. In the event of any dispute or controversy arising from this Site, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hamilton County, Ohio, and of the federal district court of the Southern District of Ohio.
Gurulocity reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time. Updated versions of this Agreement will appear on this Site and are effective immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued access to this Site after any such changes constitutes your consent to such changes. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, the other provisions (and any partially-enforceable provision) shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and enforceable to the maximum possible extent.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including any other website operated by Gurulocity not explicitly mentioned herein, websites operated by third parties, or any third party, including any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Site.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our Site or make purchases from it. By accessing or using our Site, you agree to this Policy.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect several types of information from and about the Users of our Site when you visit our Site, register on the Site, subscribe to our email updates, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. You may be asked for:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information such as location and interests, payment information and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and the usage details.
This information is collected either directly from you when you provide it to use, or automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. You may visit our Site anonymously, and refuse to provide the foregoing information. However, it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities or offers. If you do not wish to provide any information to us, then you should not use this Site.
III. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section V. of this Agreement.
V. USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services – We may use information to deliver and fulfill products and services.
- To process payments for products and services – We may share your payment information with banks or vendors relevant to the transaction in order to enable transactions that you request to be completed. While we and our vendors have in place up-to-date technology and internal procedures to guard your payment information, there is no guarantee that such technology can eliminate all risks of theft, loss or misuse. We shall not be liable to you or any other person for damages that might result from unauthorized use, publication or disclosure of payment information including credit card information.
- To improve customer service – We may use your information to respond to your and other customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – We may use your information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the products, services, and resources provided on our Site.
- To send periodic emails – We may use contact information, including email addresses, to send information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, helpful information, promotional offers, and related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
- To send or present you with marketing offers or advertisements – We may use your personal or non-personal information to make marketing offers, present advertisements, and personalize those offers and advertisements so that they are relevant to you and meet your specific needs.
- To measure the performance of our marketing efforts – We may use information to track the performance of our promotional efforts and advertisements, including advertisements purchased and fulfilled by third parties such as online search engines and social media platforms.
- To conduct market research – We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We use learning from market research to customize our products, services and websites according to your interests. We also use learning from market research to develop new and better Products, services and offers in the future that users will benefit from.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your information in the following ways:
- Do not submit information when presented with a form on our website. Your submission of such forms is free and voluntary.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by using the unsubscribe links in your emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI website.
VI. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
VII. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose generic aggregated demographic information not directly linked to any person without restriction. We may also share personal identification information with trusted vendors in order to help us present and fulfill custom offers, products, and services on or off of our Site. We do not sell, trade or rent any of your information to others unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose your information under the following circumstances:
- If required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of our Site and our services is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
- The information you enter when making a purchase or an online donation will be shared with payment processors, financial gateways, and your credit card company to authorize credit card payments.
Please note that if you give out personal information online through a discussion board or posting on the Site, that information can be collected and used by third parties.
VIII. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may request details regarding your personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
IX. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We have the discretion to update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the top of this page. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications.
X. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site and our Products are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information, register an Account, enter any subscriptions, make any purchases, or use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.